Saturday, July 9, 2011

Parks Day!

As a single mom, I'm always on the lookout for deals of things I can do with my family on a budget. Free (or discounted) passes are a godsend to summer fun and my budget.

This year is helpful since it is the 100th Anniversary of the creation of Parks Canada so all this summer there are activities all over the place, and next weekend (the 16th) is Parks Day which means FREE entry to the National Parks and Historic Sites all across Canada and lots of free events! Yay!

Combined with the Unplugged Explore promotion happening this summer (if you unplug from your computer and games and explore the Rockies in Alberta your kids can get in free when you purchase the adult pass.. and you can get a pass for less for yourself through them too so that doesn't hurt!) it seems like the ideal time to get away from the city and chill in the mountains for a day or two.

We love going and playing in the mountains, it's nice to get out of the city and I don't know about you but I always feel better for it, so it's nice to find some specials that let me do it for less.

Note: I don't work with or for any of these guys, I'm just happy to have options!

No comments:

Post a Comment